Hi guys. Sorry for my sparse blog posts. I tend to blog a lot when 1. I'm stressed and need to vent, 2. I'm bored, 3. I'm lonely and want to connect to people I know, 4. I'm super happy and excited, or 5. I want to share some creative writing or deep thoughts. As you can see, I do the majority of my blogging when I'm feeling angsty. So you can infer that my life is currently very good. But I feel bad and I do use this blog as a record of my life, so I should write more interesting things more often.
First, school. So much easier this semester. I can breathe again. I don't spend 10 hours a day in the library anymore. (Although, it is currently 10:15 pm and I'm still here doing research. Hmm.) I currently have fabulous grades. I like my classes, except for Business 101. I have never taken a more pointless class with more busy work and stupider tests. In general, I only ever complain about easy classes. My HR class is fun; I'm doing research on benefits and policy writing tonight for a presentation my team is giving next week. I really like my Tech for Professional Writers class. We've written newsletters and advertisements and help manuals, and right now I'm working on a video tutorial. I also am loving my short story class. It's more reading than writing than I expected, but it's been really fun. I sent my teacher some of my writing, and he gave me some good feedback. (Ps. You should totally look up some microfictions. They are so cool.) I've also learned a ton from my New Testament class. My teacher is really funny, but he teaches the gospel really well and pulls really neat insights from the scriptures. He really makes us want to look deeper into parables and pull application from the scriptures. Capstone is still awesome; Brother Huff is the best.
Second, my calling. I love it. I've learned so much from it. I feel like I've really grown into the calling. The scriptures mean so much more to me, and it's really really really awesome to receive promptings and revelation. I still haven't figured out how to convince girls to do their visiting teaching and come to church consistently, but I think I've been able to touch their lives at least in a little way. I love Ward Council. It's so awesome to work with great people and get to know them and be friends.
Third, my boy. I've never posted about dating on my blog because 1. The world doesn't need to know some things in my life, 2. I think I sound either overly sentimental or too cynical or too stupid when I write about boys and I don't like reading it later, 3. I don't often post about other people because I think that's their life and if they want it shared with the world then they'd have a blog, and 4. single life has so many ups and downs that I just haven't want to record it all. Too much drama. But just so you know, I've been dating Jake for three months and he's made of awesome. We sure do like each other. Our first date was rock climbing, and our mutual friend sort of set us up on a semi-blind date. (She told him to ask me out; he was in my ward, so we knew the other person existed even though we hadn't talked. He got my number from his roommate who happened to be my hometeacher.) Also, don't bother asking for a picture of us together because we don't have any. Only two pictures of us together exist, and neither is owned by Jake or me. We should probably fix that.
And that's my life. Please comment and validate me.
2 comments:
Now I have to see a photo of you and Jake, so get on that, will ya? ;)
Well, it all makes perfect sense to me. I validate you. And I'm happy for you too!
Post a Comment