Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Trip to Washington

 So we went to Washington with our married friends, and spent basically every minute of an entire week with them, and have zero pictures with them. So just use your imagination. Look! It's a baby seal!
 These are the two bridges that replaced the one that blew down in 1940 (Galloping Gertie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw).
 As we I am genetically indisposed to taking pictures on vacation, virtually all the pictures you will see in this post will contain this exact pose. I'm learning, people.
 Those trees in the background? That's an island. We stayed there. It was awesome. Also, I'd like to note that those are the first pairs of flip flops we've owned since attending BYU-Idaho. Also, note that my arms are four shades darker than my legs. Also, ignore that my eyes are closed. We picked up starfish off the dock and touched the tops of jellyfish.
 This picture is out of order, but W for whatevs. We went to Seattle and ate lunch at Ivar's. I can honestly say that my first fresh seafood was life-changing in the best way.
 Here we are walking on the bridge shown previously. We threw rocks off the side and Jake timed the fall and then calculated the height based on that. Yes, I'm married to an engineer, why do you ask?
 Here we are waiting for the ferry to Seattle. Those are streams of water over our heads. We had a little too much fun playing in the fountain.
 Still waiting for the ferry.
 And posing again. Still waiting for the ferry.
 Hey, we're on the ferry! Posing again.
 And again.
 This is also at Ivar's. The seagull were CHEEKY! They'd eat right out of our hands. Jake held out french fries and then tried to snatch the seagull that took it. Hilarity ensued.
 Hey look! We're in Seattle! Please note the slight pose variation.
 This is The Gum Wall in Pike's Place. Pretty much the most simultaneously disgusting and cool thing I've ever seen. I look anxious.
 I'm on a pig.
 Pike's Place. There were many people.
Bye, Seattle!

And that's basically all the pictures we took. We also went boating twice, kyacking, picked blackberries, and shopped at Goodwill. And ate a lot of food. Best vacation ever!!

1 comment:

Lindy-Lou said...

What a wonderful vacation! Kate, you are a funny girl. You made your similar poses a highlight rather than a distraction. And yes, fresh seafood is heavenly. I could live on fish, rice and beans. Hey, you're 2/3rds there. Too bad the remaining 1/3 is so dang expensive, eh?