Monday, November 24, 2014

Random Thoughts on a Blustery Day


  1. It's super windy today, and I don't want to go outside. You'd think that being an Idaho girl, the wind wouldn't faze me. But no. Maybe Colorado has made me soft. Maybe I'll check the mail. Maybe not.
  2. Speaking of being an Idaho girl, I've finally started to get into family history a little bit. A TON of it has already been done, so it's pretty tough to find names, but I did find an entire family. I sent the baptisms and confirmations to Seth and Hannah to do, and then Jake and I can do the other temple work with my mom. Super exciting. Even if I don't find any other names, I still did the work for 10 of my ancestors. That's 10 people who will be happy to see me when I die. 
  3. That last one got side tracked. What I meant to say was that I discovered that my family has lived in Idaho for six generations. SIX. Like, before Idaho was a legit state (And no, I don't mean legit as in cool, Idaho is not a hip state and I hope it never will be. I mean legit as in legal). 
  4. I've felt a longing for home since we've been here, and maybe that's why. How literally does our heritage affect us? Idaho is home, but does my attachment go deeper than just familiarity?
  5. Pretty sick of this super unemployed crap. It's tiresome. 
  6. I've been writing a bit. I finished one story and sent it to a journal, which very kindly rejected it. Didn't faze me though; I 95% expected to be rejected. I'll send it to a bunch of others. I'm working on a new story, which I would like to finish by the end of the year. That may or may not happen. I'm a slow writer when it comes to creative stuff. 
  7. Jack White is my creative muse. It's almost impossible for me to write while listening to anything but The White Stripes or The Raconteurs. It's just seems to shut up my inner critic. 
  8. I made granola today. That was my big accomplishment, besides writing for a few hours and folding laundry. Oh yeah.
  9. Jake needs to come home. I miss him. 
  10. We eat a lot of black beans. Like, six days a week a lot. 
  11. I'm ready to not be broke anymore. I don't want a big house, or a new car, or a $5,000 wardrobe, or even a smart phone or a tablet. I'd just like to afford popcorn when we go to the cheap theater movies.
  12. I started a new Barbara Kingsolver novel this week. I read The Bean Trees about a year ago, and loved it so much I read it twice. Like, finished the last page and turned back to the first page and started over. We'll see how this one compares. It's called Flight Behavior. 
  13. So ready for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I can take my turkey out of the freezer. Yay! I can't wait to see Tina and my mom too! Oh happy week!
  14. My favorite times of the day are just falling asleep and just waking up. I love sleeping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am slow seeing this, but love this post. :) Thanks for writing.