Monday, May 11, 2015

Some Things

So I'm getting pretty stoked to move to Colorado in August. I'm excessively nostalgic though, so I'm already gearing up to feel sentimental. Here's a short list of things that I will miss and certainly will NOT miss about Rexburg.

Things I Will Miss
  • Being neighbors with Jake's sister, and having his other sister and my cousins only a few blocks away
  • Having Sunday dinners with Jake's parents 
  • Having the temple basically down the street. (Although the Fort Collins temple will be done soon!)
  • Broulim's grocery store. Sometimes, when I was single and needed to get away from my roommates for a while, I'd go to Broulim's and read all the birthday cards and buy myself a bagel. Great produce, great meat, decent sushi, Korean barbeque, respectable prices, excellent selection of Hispanic and Asian foods, and friendly service. Sample Saturdays. Two Redboxes. Just an all-around great grocery store. Really, the only things I wish it had are cheaper toilet paper and soap and an ATM so I could do all my errands in one place.  
  • The cheap theater. $2.50 matinees. Free popcorn on Wednesdays. I'm 100% willing to wait an extra month for a movie to come to the cheap theater.
  • My hairstylist. I don't think I need to explain this. Once you find The One, it's hard to move on. 
  • My dentist. I've gone to Dr. Hoover for almost 11 years. He's the best. The thought of finding a new dentist makes me anxious. I even asked Jake if he thought we'd come back to visit every six months to go to the dentist  see family. 
  • BYU-Idaho. It feels like home. I love the library. (They buy books for me if I ask them to.) Cheap music and theater performances. Free pool tables and $2 bowling. I love visiting my old teachers. 
  • Cheap housing. Oh baby, will it hurt to pay actual housing prices. 
  • DI. Hours of fun for $3. Or for free. We go to DI for date night all the time. 

Things I Will Not Miss
  • Nine months of winter. Every time we walk outside, I say to Jake, "WHY do we still live here?"
  • Living in a crappy old apartment with the insulation of a cardboard box. 
  • The lack of bike lanes and general road maintenance. 
  • Every single road being 25 mph. 
  • Hearing every baby in our complex cry all night every summer. 
  • People who don't leash their dogs/pick up their poop. 
  • Seeing the park turn into Make Out Central every time the sun comes out. 
  • The wind. It never stops. When I run, I have a headwind out and a headwind back. It defies all reason.
  • Doing laundry in public washing machines. I just love finding other people's long hairs in my clean laundry. Not. 

No comments: