Tuesday, August 21, 2012

5 Things

1. We got back from vacation on Saturday. We (Mom, me, Seth, Hannah, Tuff) drove south and spent a day with each of Mom's siblings. It was a lot of fun. I have a pretty cool family. Highlights include jetskiing, arcade games and croquet followed by ice cream, 7 Peaks and birthday cake, waterskiing and wake surfing (I finally got up on a single ski, then promptly crashed and split the back of my head open. I'm fine.), City Creek Mall and the candy bar game, racing go karts and going to the movies, and a day at Cherry Hill with everyone. Whew. Vacations wear me out. Morgan and Jake had to work, so they just came down for Cherry Hill on Saturday. It was so good to see them. I missed them a whole heap of a lot.

2. I'm so excited to start work. I've been doing a few things over the break, but I'm psyched to start working full time. It'll be a fun job. I got an ID card that lets me into the library after hours. Oh yeah, I'm livin' the dream now. I'm also looking forward to paychecks again.

3. Jake and I found an apartment! This is kind of a big deal, since for a while there I thought we were going to have to live in a tent in the park. But God loves us, and we found a nice apartment. We have no furniture, but that's ok. It's not a tent.

4. While we were on vacation, I was called back by two jobs I applied for almost three months ago. One was a technical writing internship. I was really interested in it until I found out it was unpaid. But the work they'd have me do would be really, really good experience in my field. So I told them that I'm taken for the fall, but I might do a few projects for them when I start school again. The very next day, I got another phone call. The guy on the phone was the CEO, and when he called me, we'd just left the lake. I was dripping wet, holding a towel and an ice pack on my bleeding head. He said, "Hi this is such-and-such, how are you?" *Pause* "I'm bleeding fine, thanks." It was a full-time executive assistant job that I applied for at the beginning of last semester. It'd be a great job, but not good experience like my internship, so I said bummer dude, I'm taken. So not really a big deal, but it's nice to feel wanted.

5. Christopher got his cast off yesterday! Oh yeah, the kid broke his leg like 8 weeks ago. He was run over by a golf cart. But he's fine now. It's nice to see him walk again.

No comments: