Remember how you guys used to comment on my posts? Yeah, I remember that too. It was nice.
So anyway, life is pretty good. I've been working about 10 hours a week for the school, which is nice. I've been making grammar videos for the Writing Center, which entails me sitting in front of a green screen and reading a script in a tiny stuffy room. I think it doubles as a storage closet. Apparently the job doesn't require any film experience, which is good since I don't have any. But I'm learning to relax and smile and occasionally move my hands or shift my weight. Besides that project, I'm writing grammar tests for the remedial English class that some students with low ACT scores have to take. I've also made a tutorial on overcoming writer's block, and I'll start making one for MS Word. A lot of what I'm doing will be used for the Pathway course, which is basically BYU-I in Institutes of Religion around the world. The Pathway classes are designed so students who never took the ACT, graduated from HS, or who are non-traditional students can take a few online credits at a time until they are able to transfer to school full time. So the videos I'm making could be watched in Zimbabwe or something. Pretty neat.
Wedding plans are coming along. Still have quite a few things to do. Today I'm making pinatas.
Last night Jake and I floated a river with our YSA stake. It was a lot of fun. The water wasn't too cold, and the wind wasn't blowing. While we were floating down, Jake commented on how even the simple activity of floating a river in inner tubes perfectly captured our relationship. I was constantly looking ahead at the next bend, calculating where we needed to be for the best sunshine, avoiding water fights, watching for the place we were supposed to get out, and keeping us away from the bank. Jake flopped back and sleepily chatted with me and let me be concerned. He knew the worst case scenario was we'd have to paddle really hard for 30 seconds or just stand up and walk (the river was really low). We're perfectly content with our roles, and we had a ton of fun together and flirted the whole time. It was great. :)
Tina and I have been trying to be healthier this summer. We've been running at six every morning, which is awesome except for the days that I go to bed at an unholy hour. We also tried without success for a few weeks to cut back on sweets and junk food. Then I had the brilliant idea to make a deal with each other. If I eat dessert on a day that is not Sunday or Monday, then I have to pay Tina $10, run an extra mile, and give up a dessert day the next week. Same goes for her. It's worked marvelously well. We gave ourselves Sunday and Monday because that gives us room for baking with the family and FHE treats. But everything else is off limits. We're just broke and lazy enough that it works.
So that's the story of my life.
4 comments:
Ooh, I like your healthy deal! Brilliant. :) I might have to do that with a friend.
Okay, I will comment!
The girls have been running at 8:00...well, actually Keziah runs and Blythe rides her bike. Good stuff.
I think I need a $10 incentive plan. I have never been so addicted to sugar as I have the past six months lying around in bed.
You are getting more famous by the minute. And to think, I will be able to say, "I knew her when she was just a lil' girl!"
Yeah, I'm not sure that diet plan would work for me. We southerners like our sweets. As my friend Jerry put it "We like our food to stick around for a few years." Obviously that's a slight exaggeration. But best of luck with the diet and exercise. My weightlifting buddy annoyed me so much I stopped going to the gym with him.
I can't believe I just now read your update! Time for me to get into a routine: one that involves increased exercise, decreased sweets, and increased blog-viewing!
I'm so happy and excited for you and Jake!
Post a Comment