So I got married on Saturday. So many things are still swirling through my mind. I'll try to organize them.
The week before the wedding was possibly the most stressful of my life. I'm super stubborn and refused to take more time off of work than I absolutely had to. I worked about 35 hours, which was about 15 too many. By Friday night, I was a wreck. Stressed out of my mind. Even though I knew that everything would come together, I still couldn't control my compulsive need to control every detail. (Side note: I could never be a wedding planner, cake decorator, photographer, reception center owner, etc. Brides turn into beasts. I tried hard, but sometimes I slipped up.)
Saturday morning at 3 am, I threw up. Couldn't go back to sleep.
Go up at 6. Couldn't eat. Went and got my hair done.
Went to the temple. Almost passed out waiting for the sealer. Didn't. Besides feeling lightheaded, the sealing was so incredible. I almost cried when I walked in with Jake and saw about 50 friends and family waiting for us. As I knelt across the alter from Jake, I cried and cried. It was so beautiful and so powerful. I love him so much. God loves us and He loves our marriage.
The day was GORGEOUS! Multiple time during the day I would look at the sky and say out loud, "Thank you, God, for such a perfect day." It was sunny and perfect. 75 degrees in the middle of September is a miracle.
The luncheon was so fun. We had our immediate families and our bridesmaids and groomsmen each share a memory or story of us. We laughed and cried and our families bonded. And we ate taco salad and cheesecake.
The reception was a party. I still haven't seen pictures of it, but I didn't see much of it when I was there. So many people came. We loved talking to people and feeling their love and support. The food was sooo yummy. The pinatas were super cute and a hit with the kids. (No pun intended.) The cake was beautiful and delicious. We hauled in the gifts. Seriously. People must love us. Basically, it was one of the best receptions I've been too.
Jake and I are both compulsive workers, so we only took two days off work. We didn't go on a trip, just stayed home and enjoyed spending time together. We opened gifts and watched movies and played house and went for walks and made sushi. I knew I loved Jake and I knew it was a good choice to marry him, but the past four days have confirmed that more than the past six months put together. I could not ask for a better man. He is so sweet and loving. I know I probably sound like the typical newly wed, but I really am amazed at how well we match.
Here's to a great marriage.

4 comments:
I'm so happy for you, Kate! :)
Loved sharing that day with you and Jake. I agree it couldn't have been more perfect. The weather was unbelievable. And yes you both have made a good choice in who you married. Very glad to welcome Jake into our family. Granfather
Congrats Kate! Happy for ya!
Yes, it was a perfect wedding day! Everything about it was just right! I'm so glad that you and Jake found each other.
At your reception, Brianna and I were admiring how beautiful you looked. I said to her, "Do you know why Kate is so beautiful?"
She said, "No, why?'
"Because she kept her covenants and got married in the temple." I told her.
"I want to get married in the temple," she said, with touch of awe in her voice.
Thanks for being a good example to my daughter! Love you both and we are so happy for you!
Post a Comment