 |
| Hey friends. I'm turning my failed blog into a relative success again. Please enjoy the following low quality phone photos in random order that sort of document our lives in the past month. This is a picture of my husband (I love the word husband. Husband. Especially preceded by "my.") and our juicer. The week we were married we bought 25 lbs of fresh carrots to juice, and when we were checking out, the little old lady behind us asked us if we wanted more. We said, "Sure thing, cute old lady." (Minus "cute old lady") So she gave us her number and we drove out to her house and picked up 4 (FOUR!) more boxes of carrots. So we had about 50 lbs of fresh carrots sitting in our kitchen. We're just juicing the last of them. Also, we drove around in the country looking for houses with apple trees. We found one and knocked on their door. We asked if we could pick their apples, and they said yes. So we had two full boxes of apples too. We feel very healthy. And slightly orange. |
|
 |
| We carved pumpkins with our married friends, Dustin and Kellianne and their baby, Ryder. We picked them from a pumpkin patch (the pumpkins, not our married friends), then printed out designs and used Jake's Dremel tool to carve them. (You know you're married to an engineer when you carve pumpkins with power tools.) Mine is the one with the bike. Just kidding. This is also my default winter outfit. Skinny jeans, argyle socks, boots, sweater, scarf, coat, and ponytail. |
 |
| This is our living room, au natural. We keep our house pretty clean, but we also live here, so the pictures I'm about to show you are real-time. I wanted to give you a realistic view of where we live. And I was too lazy to clean at 7:30 on a Tuesday night. In this picture, please notice our couches. Over-stuffed, comfy, and excellent deal. Garage sale. Yep. The only fault is the couch is a little short for naps. Also notice the handmade afghan on the back of the couch. Jake's aunt made it for us. Also notice my scripture case on the chair. We've been reading the Acts together every night. Those apostles sure had some adventures. And weird names. |
 |
| This is My Husband, Jacob. And our table. He's currently working on a project. He's modifying a weed whacker engine to power a bicycle. Can't you see the cogs in his brain turning? I find him really attractive when he's deep in thought. |
 |
| This is the piano in our spare room. My grandma gave it to us, partly to be nice and partly because she wanted room for other furniture. I'm glad to have it, but I honestly haven't touched it. I only have time at night, and I don't want to bug our neighbors. It's a dilemma. |
 |
| This is the best lasagna ever. And the best husband ever. My cousin made us the hot pads. I've become much more interested in cooking since I got married. It's a lot more fun cooking for two. Also, I'm really glad my momma taught me to cook delicious, healthy meals on a budget. |
 |
| This is the bathroom, tipped on it's side. It's so nice. Big shower, big mirror and vanity. Clean, since no one else has lived in this apartment before. |
 |
| Someone gave us this picture frame. The hook on the back doesn't work, so Jake made this custom hook. Actually, it was initially a joke, but then we didn't bother taking it down. Also, please notice the pictures of our "cousins" in the frame. We didn't have pictures those sizes, so I left the display ones in. If you squint your eyes, they kind of look like us. |
 |
| This is Jake's TV and speaker paraphernalia. We have make-shift surround sound. Jake uses the TV to do design work for his major when we're in school, and we use it to watch a lot of Netflix when we're not. |
So that's our life. Just living the dream and loving marriage.
5 comments:
What a fun time of life!! I loved reading your words and seeing your fun pics. And really? The bike pumpkin isn't yours? ;)
So fun to see such a happily married couple starting life out together!
2 things:
1. I like the new blog design.
2. You two are so cute and your apartment is adorable.
Love you!
Love the post!
Love the pics!
Love the peeps!!
I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment