Ok, I'm not actually working. I'm clocked out but still sitting at my desk waiting for Jake to get off work and come pick me up.
1. I voted. I wasn't terribly informed, and didn't care as much as I should, but hey, I stood in line for two hours and filled in a bubble sheet. Go civil duties and moral obligation!
2. I hate registration. Hate, hate, hate it. I have absolutely got to take an editing class next semester so I can graduate on time (because of course sequencing, etc.). Only one section is open, with only 24 seats. I was up at five thirty this morning, ready to pounce on one of the last 3 openings. And.....then the system didn't recognize that I took ENG 101 and wouldn't let me add it. So it filled up. I emailed the professor and politely begged, offering to sit on the floor. I called the registration office and found out that they had put my transfer 101 credits in the wrong catalog year and sorry-about-that-nothing-we-can-do-thanks-for-calling. And then I called the English department and begged them to move it to a bigger classroom. No bueno. All I got was sorry-nothing-we-can-do-thanks-for-asking-good luck graduating. I've been on the verge of tears all day. I'm so frustrated.
3. I was called as employment specialist in our new ward. I don't have anything else to say about that.
4. It's time for me to go back to school. I'm getting a little burned out. I do a lot of things. I manage 170 people and hire and train new people every week. I've taught my boss' classes, done grading, and written exams. I wrote a manual and redesigned every form we use. I edited grammar quizzes. I help my boss with his doctorate research. I pick up the pizza, run errands for everyone in the department, and clean the white boards. I'm a very efficient employee, and I've effectively worn myself out and nearly worked myself out of a job. But I'm so very thankful for my job. Jake and I were both blessed with full-time paid internships. We live frugally enough that we can save half our income while we're not in school. We were also blessed with scholarships. For both of us to go to school for two semesters, we'll only pay $2285 in tuition and books. We also have pell grants that will cover our housing. Plus, I'll have a great part-job as a grader when we go back to school. Tithing miracle, I tell ya.
5. Jake and I have been going to the temple every week. It's so nice to have a temple 2 blocks away. I love being married and going to the temple together. I just love being married. I know it's been less than two months, but I really think that we started things off well. We're making good financial and spiritual habits that I think will serve us well. We both try to be the first to apologize. We do service for each other and other people. We clean and cook together. We have a lot of fun together. Marriage is just so nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment