Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pictures of Things I'm Thankful For

These are pizza burgers. (They look more appetizing in person.) I am thankful for Pioneer Woman's blog, that provides me with 90% of my recipes. I'm thankful for dishes. I'm thankful for a table to sit at. I'm thankful for the cinnamon that goes on my oatmeal. I'm thankful for the pictures of me and Jake that remind us how awesome we are. I'm thankful for a  mother who taught me how to cook.

This is a sticker warning to beware of giant babies. It was on a sanitary wipes dispenser in the hospital where we visited Jake's grandpa. I am thankful that Jake's grandpa is just fine, I'm thankful for his great family. I'm thankful for modern medicine and sanitary wipes. I'm thankful for health of body and mind. 

This is a sunset I watched as I waited for Jake to pick me up from work. I'm thankful for the beautiful world God made. I'm thankful for colors. I'm thankful for my job. I'm thankful that Jake picks me up so I don't have to walk home. I'm thankful I have such a great job. I'm thankful for this college campus that has taught and inspired me so much. I'm thankful for a car that runs. I'm thankful for trees that make oxygen. I'm thankful for the phone I used to take these pictures. I'm am thankful it has survived multiple collisions with the ground. 

This is the picture of our local sheriff. It says, "Mr. Roy Klinger In a Snow Storm." I took this picture while I was waiting to renew my registration. I'm thankful that our county officials have a sense of humor. I'm thankful that I only had to wait in line for 15 minutes, even though it was the last day of the month and 30 minutes til the DMV closed. I am thankful that I didn't get pulled over for expired registration. I'm thankful that the clerk was cheerful even at 4:47 on a Friday night. I am thankful for roads to drive on. I'm thankful for our government and the structure of our nation, even in a little county in Idaho.

This is taco pizza and my husband. I'm thankful for a husband who knows that pictures without people in them are worthless. I'm thankful for a husband who is always cheerful after a long day at work. I'm thankful for a husband who always kisses me sweetly after every prayer we say. I'm thankful for a husband who holds my elbow when I wear tall heels to church. I'm thankful for a husband who just laughs when I inadvertently use his toothbrush. I'm thankful for a husband who never says a negative word or complaint. I'm thankful for a husband who reminds me to pray at night. (This list could be really long. I'll pause it now.) I'm thankful for an electric stove that doesn't require wood or matches. I'm thankful for a toaster that only occasionally burns our toast. I'm thankful for fresh produce in the winter. I'm thankful for a husband who helps me do the dishes when I've embarked on an ambitious recipe and dirtied every dish in the process.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Loved this post! Your dinners look great, and I love the snowstorm picture. :)

Leslie said...

I'm thankful for your post!