I'm so thankful for Jake. It's hard to put into words.
Yesterday, our alarm went off at 5:50 am. I grunted and rolled over, but Jake leaped out of bed and started getting ready for the temple. I eventually followed, although with much more yawning and whining. (In my defense, I'm fighting a rather nasty head cold, and 5:50 am was not happy hour.) He made us a quick breakfast and told me I looked pretty even though I was walking around with my eyes closed and my mouth open, barely managing to dress myself.
After we drove to the temple and realized it was closed for maintenance until the 15th, we came home, and I went back to bed for two hours while Jake put in a load of whites and did the left over dinner dishes and picked up the living room.
After I managed to wake, bathe, and dress myself, we drove into IF and did initiatories at the IF temple. (How lucky are we to have two temples so close???) Then we went grocery shopping at WINCO. Jake remembered 3 things for the list that I forgot. When we were checking out, we were behind two little old ladies. One looked about 85 and the other was her daughter. They had a TON of groceries, and Jake just stepped next to them and started bagging their food and putting it in the cart. After we'd paid and quickly bagged our groceries, Jake sprinted out to the parking lot and helped the old ladies put the groceries in their car.
He does stuff like this everyday. Like seriously. All the time.
2 comments:
You got a keeper. :)
I'm so glad that you two found each other.
Post a Comment