Monday, February 25, 2013

5 Things at Bedtime

1. I really love bedtime. I always have (read: since coming to college). I enjoy the freshness of brushing my teeth and taking out my contacts. I enjoy reading scriptures with Jake. I enjoy thinking back on the day in a semiconscious stream of thought. I love spooning with Jake and talking in the dark. (Random fact: I'm usually the big spoon because we both like our right sides, and I sleep on the left side of the bed.) But I really just enjoy being asleep. Oh, how I love sleep. I could go to bed at 8:30 all my life and be happy.

2. Right now I'm awake because Jake is at work. When he left his last job, he turned it over to one of his engineering friends. Today, that friend called and said that his brother was dying, so he needed to go home for a week. The shop is in the middle of a huge project, so he asked Jake to fill in for him so he could leave. Of course my angel husband said yes. It's a tender mercy that Jake doesn't have any tests this week so he can help his friend and still handle school. So, yeah, I'm awake because I don't like going to bed without Jake.

3. I was supposed to hear back from the church today, but I didn't. But when they asked me for an interview, they called a day late too. So I'm not freaking out yet. I'll let you know what goes down.

4. My head hurts. I read too much, and I need new glasses. It's on the list for tax return purchases.

5. Jake's home. I love him. I'm going to bed.



No comments: