Thursday, January 27, 2011

good karma

I tried to write the whole story of my good karma dollar. No bueno. It was long and windy and drab. So I scratched it and wrote it as a brief scene instead. Here it is.

The sun wasn’t even up yet when I closed the door to my apartment and walked down the steps. I did my daily “ice dance” across the parking lot: slipping and skidding as I try not to fall. I had almost reached the relative safety of the sidewalk when I saw it. Two more steps and then I stopped and backed up. A lone dollar bill peeked out of the snow, fluttering in the cold wind. I picked it up. One edge was ripped and tinged with melted candy. Although it had obviously had a hard life, it was a still a dollar. I smiled and put it in my pocket. The day was looking up.


The prompt for this coming week is something hard. I'm going to write a poem because it scares me. You can write whatever you are afraid of, be it poetry or sci-fi or non-fiction.


Peace and blessings. Over and out.


3 comments:

tracy said...

Our writing challenge for the week is to write a poem about a winter animal with oodles of adjectives.

Feel free to copy !

Leslie said...

I love your writing!

Shua said...

I love this. And I love you :)

Still a faithful reader, though I've become somewhat of a blurker. Haha