Monday, June 27, 2011

Five Thoughts While I Procrastinate My Research Paper

1. It's almost the 4th of July! This means that a) it's almost my birthday, and b) I need to plan what to do for my birthday since the last three have flopped, and c) I'm getting excited for grilled food and fireworks, and d) I need to read the Constitution and Declaration again, and e) I really need to finish my paper so I can enjoy the long weekend.

2. I found $2 in my pocket today. I feel lucky.

3. My car is fixed! And I probably won't starve in the next four weeks. I am thankful.

4. With the $2 I found in my pocket, I bought lemonade from two little kids on the corner. It was cold and sweet and sour and had legit lemon pulp floating in it. At least I assume it was lemon pulp. It was delicious. Then I went to the grocery store (Because when a college student runs out of food, it's not like they just have to get creative. We literally have empty cupboards.) and bought groceries. Two little old ladies from the Lion's Club were selling raffle tickets for a quilt. I bought one with the other lucky dollar. Maybe I'll win.

5. I'm writing my research paper on the affect of digital media on print journalism. It's turned out to be a really interesting topic, and I'm actually enjoying writing it. I have 9 pages down and at least 3 more to go before Wednesday. But that's not important. I'm curious; do any of you still read a printed newspaper? What do you think the future holds for newspapers? Will they go the way of the telegraph?

Bonus: Today is Christopher's birthday! I came home to do laundry and eat birthday cake. The cake was yummy. And a letter from my cousin Sam was waiting for me!! And my mom sliced a watermelon. I pilfered some. (I like the word "pilfered".) Happy summer!


4 comments:

Annalee Kelly said...

Kate, I love how you create adventures and blog about the simplest, yet entertaining happenings:) You make me smile:)

I have to have a local printed newspaper to read while I read breakfast. It's critical to my morning routine. I also read it online (Deseret News), too. Hmm. Good question, Researcher!

J-Dawg Fluffy said...

Grilled food and fireworks are the best part of July.

KShay said...

Happy almost birthday! I'm glad I read your blog. It makes me smile.

Lindy-Lou said...

Me too. Happy 4th!