Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Think About It

5:50 am. I'm asleep in my bed.
5:55 My cell phone alarm wakes me up.
6:00 I get up, walk to the kitchen and get a drink from the tap.
6:03 I choose a clean set of clothes from my closet
6:05 Use the toilet
6:08 Turn on the shower and wait for it to get hot
6:15 Plug in my hairdryer and straightener
6:30 Brush my teeth and put on deodorant
7:00 Take a carton of eggs out of the refrigerator
7:05 Use the stove, eat a meal, and pack a lunch for later.
7:15 Choose a pair of shoes
7:25 Walk on the sidewalk to a university
7:30 Send an email
7:40 Get a drink from a water fountain

Now watch this.

4 comments:

Jesse C said...

Great thought Kate. We are so blessed.

Leslie said...

VERY good reminder!

Lindy-Lou said...

Give said the little stream.

Annalee Kelly said...

I'm just wondering why you would brush your teeth BEFORE you eat breakfast...
On a more serious note, this clip reminds me of the book, "A Long Walk to Water" by Linda Sue Park. Wonderful, thought-provoking non-fiction read. Thanks for the perspective!