2. I only have one working pencil. (This doesn't make me happy.)
3. After studying Pakistan, I really wish I knew why the US is still in the Middle East. I don't have a clue what they're trying to accomplish.
4. Increasingly, I am becoming aware of my ignorance. I am also becoming aware of the ignorance of typical Americans.
5. Islam and Judaism are fascinating to learn about. I'm realizing how little I know about other religions.
6. We're learning about volcanoes in my science class. Did you know that volcanoes are very predictable? That's why only 12-20 people died when Mount St. Helen's erupted. Most people were able to evacuate before it blew. Also, I live in a relatively safe place when it comes to natural disasters. And, did you know that the San Fran earthquake of 1906 started interest in the study of seismology? And, an earthquake in Lisbon, Portugal in 1755 changed the world's history. If it hadn't happened, we might all be speaking Portuguese.
7. "The mark of an educated person is the ability to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle, as quoted by my grammar teacher, as remembered by me.
3 comments:
"3. After studying Pakistan, I really wish I knew why the US is still in the Middle East. I don't have a clue what they're trying to accomplish."
Amen.
just so you know, I think you're one of the smartest people I know!
I love taking college courses via your blog!
Post a Comment