Friday, May 27, 2011

Random

This is the part of the semester where I freak out. It's almost midterms. I have 93% in my religion class and in my Pakistan class. I have a 67% in my English class (only because I missed a 5 point assignment, and my teacher's only graded two assignments total). So I'm minorly freaking out. I know I'll be able to bring them up, but they still bug me like crazy.

Whew. But the semester is going well. I like school. I don't like some of my classes. My Pakistan class is frustrating. It's a fascinating topic to study, but the teacher and the organization of the class bother me. The teacher knew nothing about the Middle East before he was assigned to teach the class; I've done more busy work than all my other classes combined; the students work in groups to write the reading we do before class (now that's a credible source); I still know essentially nothing about the language/culture/religion; it's at 7:45 am. Ok, done ranting. My only other gripe this semester is my English class. It's a class every student has to take, but I find it....troubling. Let me give you an example. A student in the class: "How do we know what a verb is?" Oh dear.

Dating is super fun. Sometimes boys are stupid. But that's ok. Sometimes I'm stupid. But that's ok.

I named my violin Sebastian.

My weekly grocery list:

  • 8 apples


  • 1 lb of whatever veggies are on sale


  • 3 potatoes


  • 2 loaves of bread


  • One lb pasta


  • One can of spaghetti sauce


  • One can of refried beans


  • 2 cups grated cheese


  • 8 tortillas


  • 1 quart strawberry yogurt


  • half dozen eggs


  • Depending on the week: butter, peanut butter, jam, brown sugar, oatmeal


I love being a TA. I've learned a lot. I'm still baffled by the inability of college students to write correct sentences.



I should probably be doing my homework.



Peace out.





3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sebastian is the best name for a violin.

You're the best. I love keeping up with you.

Tammy said...

LOL on your grocery list. I remember living on peanut butter spread over saltines. Like seriously I lived on that!

Too bad on the Pakistan class...that is where my hubby's family is from...and it's a fascinating culture...unreal and fascinating.

Mindy said...

Kate, yes!!! Email me your address bmatcsmith@gmail.com, and let me know your schedule on Friday. I'd love to see you.