In honor of Mother's Day, I'll share some little stories about my mommy.
When I was seven, she hid in her bedroom closet. She stayed there until I went in her room to get something out of the closet. I opened the door. She jumped out. She yelled. I shrieked. I fell straight back onto my little bottom. I have never been that startled and surprised in my entire life.
A while after Episode 1 of Mom Hide-and-Scare, she hid in Morgan's bed. Now, Morgan and I shared a room in our dark and ghetto basement. He was terrified of it and refused to go down alone. But the day Mom hid, he needed his pillow for our couch fort. I didn't want to walk downstairs with him, so he mustered up enough courage to make a dash so fast the monsters/dinosaurs/ax-murderers couldn't catch him. He flew down the stairs and grabbed his pillow. As he paused next to his bed, the pile of blankets moved and a hand stretched out towards him. His scream could be heard in every corner of the house, and he arrived at the top of the stairs in exactly 2.364 seconds.
As a kid, I always wanted to wear bizarre things. My mother would calmly explain that a plaid flannel shirt did not match flowered cotton shorts, or that I couldn't wear two different kinds of stripes. She would hand me a respectable outfit, and when I protested, she would say, "Trust me. I'm your fashion consultant."
What funny/adorable stories do have about your mommy? Or if you are a mommy, what silly stuff do you do?
3 comments:
I love your mama.
She is so great. Those stories are fantastic, I've never heard them before.
1. I love that you call her "mommy" because that's what I call my mom too, and sometimes I think I'm the only (not spoiled, competent) 18-year-old who does that. :)
2. I love your mommy.
3. My mom is fantastic. You know stories. :)
Post a Comment