1. I am blogging while listening to a required podcast about Islam. I recognize that this is not a good study technique. However, I am falling asleep.
2. I learned something really cool in my science class on Friday. It was so cool that I called Morgan to tell him about it. The cool thing is this: If you look at a graph showing natural disasters from 1900 to present, you will see a dramatic increase as the years go on. Without knowing anything else, you could assume that natural disasters are increasing over time. BUT! This is a false assumption for a few reasons. The largest being plate tectonics. For more earthquakes and volcanos to happen, plate tectonics would have to speed up. The only way the plates would move faster is if the core was hotter. The heat from the core is radioactive, so if it changes at all, it would decrease over time. Also, disasters only happen to people. If there aren't any people affected, the earthquake etc. is only a natural event. So there are more natural disasters because the population is growing and civilization is spreading. And if you were to look at a graph, you would see a dramatic explosion of data in the 1960's. During the Cold War, the United States placed seismographs all over the world to detect nuclear testing. Being scientists, they didn't let perfectly good earthquake data go unrecorded as well. Isn't that cool?
3. I played in an incredibly fun concert last night. Mindy Gledhill is a wonderful performer. And my awesome grandparents came! (That was the best part.)
4. I haven't showered yet today. And I'm doing my homework in the library. I have very strong self esteem.
5. I haven't heard a word of my podcast. Shoot.
2 comments:
very interesting #2. Thanks for sharing. Still wish I could've gone to your (and Mindy G.'s) concert!
Wow--that no. 2 is so interesting!
I love reading your blog. Almost as much as I love being your stand partner. And almost as much as i love eating *tart* strawberry frozen yogurt late at night after rehearsal:)
Post a Comment