Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm such an adult

1. This morning I overslept by 25 minutes. As such, I didn't have the 25 minutes it takes me to make oatmeal and two pieces of buttered toast and eat it before I walk out the door. So I put my oatmeal in a plastic cup and ate it while I walked to class. After my class, I went into the bathroom and discovered, to my horror, that I had oatmeal on my face.

2. After wiping off the oatmeal, I did homework until my next class. Well, I did homework until that point of crap-I'm-going-to-be-tardy-if-I-don't-hustle. So I'm hustling down the concrete steps, and the wind is blowing my hair into my eyes, and I miss a step and fall on my face. Technically, I didn't land on my face, but I smacked the concrete pretty hard. I torqued my left leg (which is still recovering) and said "Ow!" and stood up and limped to class.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Good job for just saying "ow".

Lindy-Lou said...

Oh, Kate! The same leg that was recovering! I'm so sorry. Being young will help you recover quickly. But remember that you are not invincible. And ditto to Leslie's comment. ;)