"Kate, go do your homework."
"Kate, don't be a lazy bum. Do something productive."
"Kate, shave your legs. They're disgusting."
Oddly, I'm usually obedient. I think it's because vocalizing my conscience makes it more powerful. Or something.
Maybe it's the writer in me who's always looking for a storyline, but I often comment on the imaginary TV series I live in.
"This is the part where I go to bed,"
"This is the part where I do something with my life."
"This is the part where I do my homework like a responsible adult."
So now you know. I'm crazy.
2 comments:
Maybe it's in the genes, Kate. I found a way to combat exhaustion. I'ts very weird, but for me it works. (No one else will read this comment, right?) I pretend there are actually two of me. So the brave one says to the exhausted me, "No worries! Put your feet up. I feel fine. I'll take care of that for you!" Scary, but in extreme cases, it works. The conversation is usually inside my head, but not always. Not comforting, you say? Well, at least you're not alone!
This sounds like the beginning of a novel to me. :)
Post a Comment