Saturday, July 30, 2011

I've Never

Have you ever played I've Never? Basically, it goes like this. Everyone has ten pennies, toothpicks, etc. You go around and say things that you've never done. If the other people have done it, they give up a penny etc. The last person with a toothpick etc. wins. But winning isn't really winning because it means you're the lamest person there.

I've never lost I've Never.

It's true. I've never flown in a plane, gone to public school, been to a different country, eaten raw fish, gone bungee jumping, skinny dipping, or sky diving. I've never broken a bone, had surgery, or needed braces. I've never won a video game, watched Lord of the Rings, or played a game of chess. I've never sworn, cheated on a test, skied slalom, played sports, or liked olives.

Frankly, I haven't done a lot of things. Some I'm ok with because I haven't had the opportunity (going on a cruise, scuba diving, flight) but some things I've said no to. And that's lame.


And I don't like lame pansies. So like I mentioned in an earlier post, my birthday resolution this year is to say Yes. Yes to adventure and fun. (Not yes to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, danger, or stupidity. For the record.) Also, I'll say Yes to smaller things. If Hannah asks me to read to her, or my mom asks me to run errands, or Seth wants a ride, my answer is Yes.

Because I'm practically half way through college and if you asked me to tell you the craziest thing I've ever done, I couldn't tell you. It's time to start having adventures.

But I still won't eat olives.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Loved this post... My mom always wins I Never by saying, "I've never been 5 feet tall." LOL!

J-Dawg Fluffy said...

You're not missing much with the raw fish. Overrated. Chess, on the other hand...

Lindy-Lou said...

The other version of the game is when you're 'it' you tell something you HAVE done that you don't think anyone else has done. If the others haven't done it, they throw in their token and the one with the most tokens at the end of the game is the winner. I think you would win that one.