Sorry. The cord to my laptop died. So I'm living at the library more than usual, if that's possible. And I don't have a webcam, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't sit and talk to myself in the middle of the library. So be patient with me.
To sum up the last semester....I don't really know how. But here's a shot at it.
Accounting: I ended up loving this class. It terrified me at first, but it really wasn't that hard, and it was a nice break from poetry. I think it will eventually be useful at some point. I learned that I can do scary things, and I have a good brain that can learn anything. It helped that I had a great professor and made friends in the class.
Visual Media: Another class that scared me. It turned out to be my favorite class. When I eventually make a video blog, I'll show you my portfolio of all the cool projects I did. The Adobe programs are so cool. I wish I knew more, but this class definitely gave me tools I can use in the future. I also had a great professor and made new friends. I learned to re-tap into my creative side and pull from my art experience.
English 314: Loved it. My first two papers were really fun and turned out well. Trying to write a 13 page research paper in two weeks was haaaaard. I feel like I could have written a much better paper with a little more time. Part of the problem was that all my other classes had big projects at the same time, and I just couldn't fit another hour of work into the day. But it still was ok. I love my teacher. I like getting to know my professors, especially the ones in my major. I learned that I'm really a good writer, but I still have a lot left to learn.
British Literature: Good class. We ate a lot of British food, which was nice. My teacher is like an older, nerdier version of Brian Regan. Studying literature was fun, and I know more about Christina Rossetti now than you'll probably ever care to know. I like reading.
Church History: Brother Huff is probably the best storyteller I've ever met. He really made the people from the early church come alive for us. I came away from this class so grateful for the truth and the Restoration of the Gospel.
Internship: It was so different to write words that weren't for a paper. I liked having the experience and building my portfolio. But please learn from me and never ever ever do an internship while taking a full credit load and working two jobs. Just say no.
I worked so hard at everything this semester. I did the math, and I spent well over 1000 hours of working and studying in 14 weeks. That is a freaking ton. But it was so worth it. I was humbled and learned so much about myself as a person. I sacrificed time for reading my scriptures and praying, and I saw blessings from it every day. There is no way I could study 15 hours straight without some divine intervention. I also made time for being a person. I met some great people this semester, had some fun here and there, and left room for laughter and happiness. It was a good semester, but I hope next semester is better and not quite as intense.
Now I'm going to go do my taxes and then go rock climbing! Peace out.
1 comment:
You are one amazing girl. Good job doing all that this semester!
Tasha
P.S. E-bay or Amazon.com is a good place to buy inexpensive laptop cords.
Post a Comment