Friday, July 6, 2012

5 Things on Friday

1. I finally got new contacts. My left eye is a pansy, and my prescription changed. Now that I'm wearing little plastic disks in my eyeballs that actually work, it's like a whole new world. I can SEE!

2. My laundry needs to be dealt with. I've been procrastinating. I have a full basket of clean laundry AND a full basket of dirty laundry. Time to be an adult and just do it.

3. The fourth was fun. It kind of snuck up on me. I'm usually stoked for it weeks in advance, and I read the Constitution and stuff about George Washington etc etc. But not this year. It fell right in the middle of a school week, so I didn't hardly think about it until it got here. But it was fun anyway. We spent the morning with Jake's family and watched fireworks with mine.

4. I ate a double-yolked egg for breakfast. I feel lucky.

5. I can't believe the semester's almost over. It's been a really good one. I've got one grade that dropped a bit, but I'm hoping to bring it back up. But even if I don't, I've still got full tuition and books scholarship for next year. Plus, I qualify for a $5400 pell grant. And after next year, I only have one semester to graduate. It's entirely possible that I'll finish four years of college without paying a penny of tuition. I like that idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome!!!! So many graduate with a ton of debt. Keep it up. I am so very proud of you. Grandfather