Today is a very special day.
One year ago, Jacob Hansen called me three times while I was teaching a violin lesson. I finally called him back after I was done, and he asked me if I would go rock climbing with him. I said I'd have to stop on my way home to pick up my climbing shoes and wish my brother happy birthday, but I'd love to.
It was basically the best date ever. I remember three things very distinctly. 1) When he picked me up, I squished into the back seat of a car with him (That sounds terrible -- let me finish) and three other people. He smelled like Old Spice and I suddenly wanted to kiss him. 2) When we were waiting for a turn to climb, just standing around and talking, I had the thought, Why aren't we already friends? He's so cool! 3) I was seriously impressed with his climbing. And his forearms.
Thank heavens he liked me too. After that, we couldn't see enough of each other. And now we're married.

1 comment:
I remember having overwhelming desires to kiss a boy that smelled really good. ;) I loved reading your love story. :)
Post a Comment