1. I'm so tired right now. This morning we helped my momma paint every room in her house. Three of her brothers came up from Utah to help, and Jake's parents came too. It was fun. Then I played a 3 hour symphony concert tonight. And now I'm waiting for Jake to finish his Math 316 quiz.
2. So this symphony performance. It's an opera called Tartuffe. It's an opera so it's insanely long; it's contemporary so it's difficult; and it's American so it's supposed to be funny. We've had seven rehearsals and six performances in three weeks. Really terrible timing in the semester. But some of the performances have been really good, and the audience laughs a lot, so that's nice. Tonight was our last show, and I'm so happy.
3. We're moving apartments at the end of the semester, and I'm really excited for a living space with full walkways and 3 closets. We will really miss our ward though. It's so great.
4. We made more married friends! It's kind of a big deal since once you get married, single people are annoying, so the whole friends quota drops significantly. Plus, it's hard to find two people who get along with your two people. But we made friends with a couple in our ward who are from Idaho and mountain bike and make sushi. We're so happy.
5. I'm ready to graduate. So ready. I'm done with writing stuff that no one will read and I'm tired of being surrounded by annoying college kids. I'm. just. done.
6. That said, I'm really trying to enjoy being in school at the same time. I read Walden, and it made me rethink my life. It's a work in process.
7. How do I always go over my grocery budget? I always end up spending $200 a month on groceries, which is still pretty cheap, but it's still over budget. Maybe it's time to reevaluate the budget.
8. I could easily spend a lot of money on food. I want to cook all the time. I love planning fun meals and trying recipes. I checked out a huge international cuisine cookbook (literally like 400 pages) and all I want to do is eat now.
9. I have a problem returning library books on time. They don't fit in my backpack.
10. I'm probably going to get an A- or two this semester. I had a mild crisis for about 10 minutes when I realized it, and then I was fine. It's healthy. And my scholarship is secure. I mean, I've got like 92 credits of straight A's, so it won't hurt my GPA enough to lose it. Plus, having a 4.0 just weirds people out when they find out. Instant conversation killer.
11. So close to the finish line. This semester needs to end.
5 comments:
I had so much to say, then you said you had a 4.0, and it all went away. ;)
I'm worried that you just alienated all of your single friends.
4.WHAT???
You have blossomed into such an amazing adult. I can't wait to read your first book.
I have dates ready for you...like six of them. But I am SO terrible at etting them to you! When are you going to your mom's again? O should I send them with Emily?
I sent some dates with Emly last week - did she give them to you yet?
Yes, she did, and we're so excited to use them! Thank you!
Post a Comment