Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ways to Kick the March Blues

God created March so that people who don't drink would know what a hangover feels like. 

 This is the reality of the fate I've chosen. This is an Idaho March. I'm coming down with a bad case of winter blues and I'm jonesing for summer vacation. Also sleep. A nap would be nice.  If you are also suffering from a case of summer withdrawals, try these methods of recovery. 
Watch several Phineas and Ferb reruns. It's pure, unadulterated summer vacation and the best show on TV.  Find all the seasons on Netflix too. 
Sweat through a hot July summer with Doug Swieteck. This book is full of heart and humor  and sunshine.  Let it take you away.

Can't we just have like a salad or something?  Your body and mind will thank you. Pretend the veggies grew in your garden.  Try this recipe from Pioneer Woman.

Doing yoga will increase your bloodflow, calm your cabin-fevered mind, and help you burn off all the comfort food you've been eating. Seriously though, exercise is great. 

Listen to this song on repeat. 

Good luck.

Your fellow sufferer, 
Kate

No comments: