Sunday, July 21, 2013

I made it!

Yay! End of the semester! I'm done with all my assignments, except for showing up for my Isaiah "final" on Tuesday!

It's really strange to think that this is my last summer in college. It. went. so. fast.

Wasn't I a freshman like last year? College was supposed to take longer than this.

I'm in denial. And I'm almost 21. I'm in denial about that too. I can't really be, like, an adult with a horizontal drivers licence.

But, good news, I guess. I got straight As again, for the 8th time. It's beginning to lose some novelty. Actually, it lost some novelty a while ago. But whatever.

I had one class which required some (relatively) serious effort. I was on the brink of an A- for a few weeks, but in the end, I ended up with a solid 95%. The only A in the class, in fact. So I'm a little proud of that one, since my teacher didn't hand them out like party favors. I appreciate that.

As all of my races coincided with the end of the semester, I learned something about myself. I don't really care about races. It doesn't bother me when people pass me. In fact, I often run faster when I'm running by myself. I like races because I like training for races. But I'm super non-competitive when it comes to any kind of sport (and running is basically my only sport). But, my goodness, I care about academics. That's my one true sport. Someone can pass me running a race and I won't care, but I check the class statistics all the time, and I'm peeved if I don't have the top grade in the class. Even if it's .01% difference. I see that and think, Oh no you don't! Watch me pass you on the next assignment. And then I do. Possibly not quite as healthy as competitive running....

Ahem. Anyway, I still have some work projects that need to be finished tomorrow. But no class and no homework! Super exciting! Jake has two more finals and one last assignment before he's free, but then it's my birthday on Wednesday and I'm going to eat a mixing bowl of guacamole because I want to and it's my birthday. I wrote a piece of creative nonfiction about Pioneer Day and my birthday and faith and futility, so watch for that on Wednesday.

Cheers!