Monday, November 7, 2011

And I Say Unto You, Eat Muffins

I'd post a picture of the muffins I made, but they disappeared with such rapidity insomuch that I became exceedingly astonished. (Sorry. Just finished reading the Book of Mormon.) Make these muffins and share the love. I doubled it to make close to ten dozen. Unless you have two adults, three teenagers, and two very hungry medium-sized children, one batch would be enough to feed your multitude.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

5 eggs (beat em' up.)
3 cups sugar (I used Sucanut [dehaydrated raw sugarcane juice] and agave.)
2 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (I found some of our home bottled stuff from last year. Happy day!)
2 cups corn oil (You don't need this much. I used 3 cups for a double batch and the earth did not tremble beneath me.)
4 1/2 cups flour (Use half whole wheat and half white. You'll be carried away in much gladness.)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt (If you use course sea salt like me, add it with something wet so it dissolves. I learned the hard way.)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (Or "cimmonin" if you're Christopher.)
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons cloves (Yes, this much. Don't skimp on the spices or your heart will begin to sorrow within you.)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips (Use milk. Dark will make them too savory.)

Cream eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin and oil. Add dry ingredients slowly and combine thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into 4 greased and floured bread pans (9"x5") or greased muffin cups. Bake at 350, loaves for 45 minutes, muffins for 15-18 minutes. Remove immediately from pans and try to restrain yourself from eating the entire batch at once. And thus I end my account.

4 comments:

J-Dawg Fluffy said...

sounds awesome. If at any point in my near future I have the money and time to make these, I will. That'll be the treat for my primary boys.

Annalee Kelly said...

does it have to specifically be corn oil or will veg. oil work?

Kate said...

Veg. oil is fine. You can even substitute applesauce for some of the oil if you want to cut the amount of fat even more.

Leslie said...

I miss you. And, I'm sad that I wasn't there for those scrumdidillyumptious muffins!