2. I went to the temple this morning.
3. My hair is in a pony tail, I didn't do my makeup, and I'm wearing my brother's sweats.
4. A girl from my home ward is having her reception tonight. I don't feel like going even though I'd feel like a jerk if I skipped out. In general, I am not a fan of receptions. And I'm especially not fond of The Line. When I grow up and get married, I'm not having a Line. And I may not even bother having a reception. I'll probably just invite everyone to a picnic with pumpkin muffins for dessert. Bring your own lunch.
5. Do you ever have those days where you don't feel grumpy, but every time you open your mouth something mean comes out? I'm having one of those days. I've unintentionally bitten several heads off. Oops.
5 comments:
It's okay. I'm okay. You're okay. I have my theory about #5. Just three little letters.
I feel like a bad Mormon cuz I honestly have no idea what "the line" is. I'll take it as another Mormonism that (thankfully) hasn't made it this far into Dixie. Of my 5 siblings who are married, 3 of them had receptions. I don't remember any kind of awkward line. Or green Jell-o. (I'm not really a fan of Mormon cliches. Not my thing.)
Also, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins sound amazing.
The Line is the bride and groom and their parents standing in a line. All the guests walk by and shake hands and get introduced. It's a great way to meet people I suppose, but the last thing I want to do on my wedding day is stand around in high heels and talk to people for 5 seconds as they walk by on their way to eat my food. I refuse to conform to this Mormon tradition. If people really want to congratulate me, they can dang well walk around and find me. So there. :)
I understand. Definitely do not have a line at your wedding. But definitely have pumpkin muffins.
#5 happens to me every month, and also when I run out of my antidepressant and haven't refilled it for a few days -- VERY scary when the two issues coincide!
Post a Comment