I should be showered and dressed and doing something with my life, but instead I'm going to blog because I have a lot to say. And I had my laptop on because I like to exercise to Michael Buble on Pandora.
This weekend was really busy and really awesome. I worked on Friday and then Morgan picked me up and we went Christmas shopping and then to a Christmas party with some homeschooler friends. It was so fun. I hadn't done anything with friends for the past month (not even a date. shocking.), and I had forgotten how much I really like having fun. We stayed out too late, but it was awesome.
The next morning, we all got up early and drove to Utah for our extended family Christmas party. We listened to Okay For Now by Gary D. Schmidt (whom I have met, if you remember) and that book made us all want to laugh and cry the whole way down. The party was so much fun. I have such an awesome family. I can't even tell you. We love each other so much. The party was fantastic. I ate a lot of food. The drive home was long, but we listened to more Okay For Now, so it was okay.
When we got home, my good friend Tina called and asked if she could stay the night since she had just moved back into town. So of course we stayed up too late again catching up on months of girl talk.
Sunday was very nice. I really like my ward. Tina came with me and then we had lunch with her family. I went home and made dinner for my family, and then Tina and I went to another Christmas party. It was fun, and we got home late again.
This morning, I read the last 13 chapters of the Book of Mormon. Our bishop challenged us to finish it by today. We're having a fireside and testimony meeting tonight for FHE. I love the Book of Mormon. The challenge has been awesome. It really bumped up my motivation to read. Our ward has been blessed by it. I'm excited for the fireside tonight.
So that is why I'm blogging in my pajamas at 9:30 in the morning when I should be doing something with my life. But hey, at least I read the Book of Mormon and exercised this morning.
Peace out. I'm going to go do something with my life.
1 comment:
Wow. You live 2 time zones later, and you still woke up before me. I will justify it by saying it is my day off.
Post a Comment