On Tuesday, I slammed the corner of my car door into the side of my nose. It was incredibly painful and swollen and blue.
But it didn't break my nose. Or put out my eye.
On Saturday, I went rock climbing and fell and tore a muscle in my left calf. I can barely walk.
But I didn't break my leg.
On Sunday, the hot water in our apartment stopped working.
But we have nice neighbors who let me shower.
Today my class is at the far corner of campus at the top of a hill (remember my leg).
But a passing professor noticed me limping and gave me a ride. I almost cried I was so grateful.
Sometimes the ups outnumber the downs.
Health and hot water are such blessings.
*Update: Maintenance Man fixed our water heater today!!! One more thing to be thankful for.
5 comments:
great perspective! thanks for sharing! and i hope your leg (and nose, and shower) is better soon...
"Sometimes the ups outnumber the downs." Disney's Robin Hood.
Name the town.
Forgive me, Kate. That should have been the post script. I'm so sad and happy about your misfortunes and fortunate outcomes. Such a week!
Nottingham. :) I must watch that movie again.
I love that song.
Ouch Kate, it has been a rough week. Hope things get better.
Post a Comment