Tuesday, March 6, 2012

5 Things When I'm Hungry

1. Did I mention I'm hungry? I forgot to pack an apple with my lunch today, so I've only eaten a pb&j since 9 am. But I'm going home to eat as soon as I finish blogging, so it's ok.

2. I'm writing a research paper on Willa Cather's Death Comes for the Archbishop. It's really fascinating. I need to spend a significant amount of time on it this week.

3. Ugh! I can't stop talking about homework. I need a life. Seriously. Remember how my New Year's Resolution was to stop talking so much? Epic fail this week. I obsess over my schoolwork and I can't stop talking about how awesome it is and how busy I am. This week I'm trying harder to shut up and ask people about themselves. I can be so bad at that.

4. I'm trying really hard to think of something to say that doesn't have to do with school or work. ......hmm. Fail. Um, I went on a couple of dates the past few weeks, but nothing to report. In fact, the guy I went out with three times is now ignoring me. Like walk-past-without-saying-hi ignoring me. I'm puzzled. Oh well, I just assume every guy that doesn't want to date me is an idiot. Shallow, yes. But superficially comforting in cases like this.

5. I made trifle for my Brit Lit class this morning. Nothing like a straight shot of sugar to make modernism more palatable. Victorian literature was like, "Life! :)" And modernism is like, "Oh crap. Life." I'm talking about school again. My apologies. I'm going to go eat.

1 comment:

tracy said...

Love this. Love.

And what about Postmodernism? Ask Morgan what their response is.