2. I registered this morning. Registration always turns me into a Giant Squid of Anger, and today was no different. I still can't get into the editing class I need, and the classes listed in the catalog and on my personal degree information are different. So I spent some quality time in the advising office this morning. I'm taking Tech for Professional Writers and Rhetorical Studies for my major and emphasis. I'm also taking Human Resource Management and New Testament. Besides those classes, I'm taking a class on short stories. It may not count towards my major, but I love short stories. The course is a combination of analyzing literature and writing our own work. I enjoy professional, academic writing, but it's starting to wear me out. I feel like my creative writing has been underfed. I'm excited to wake up my author voice again. Also, I'll still be working as Brother Huff's TA. He's going on a faculty tour to England during the semester, so I'll be teaching the class for two weeks. Gulp.
3. I'm wearing sandals. I'm also wearing a coat.... It's an Idaho thing. I saw a dude today wearing a tee shirt that said, "I'm an English Major. You do the math." I want one.
4. Eric Freeze visited the school and did a reading on Tuesday. I got to introduce him. I love his writing. I had never heard of him until he came, but he is really good. Like really good. He's Mormon, but his writing is honest and direct about things that really happen in the world. It was interesting to hear how he balances writing "real-life" content with his LDS values. Really great writer. If you've never heard of him, check him out here and here and here. Also, the internship workshop I planned went well yesterday. Hopefully it got some poor clueless English Majors pointed in the right direction.
5. My sandwich and apple are gone. Time to get back to work! Happy almost-spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment