Monday, April 11, 2011

Some Favorite Pictures and Memories

I snapped this picture with my webcam when Morgan and I rode down to Utah with my cousin Sam. I think it captures a fundamental part of my relationship with my family: looking ridiculous. It also reminds me of the good times we had with Sam when he was going to school up here.
I took this picture of my parents about two years ago. It was on my mom's birthday and we'd just had a picnic. Morgan had to stay home because he whined and threw a fit about something stupid. He denies that part of the story to this day. I think this picture is too cute.
Akira has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. We have lots of good memories and inside jokes. This was just this summer when we went to Boise together for a few days. We had lots and lots of fun. At one point, we went to a thrift store and I bought armfuls of books and she bought armfuls of clothes. That was pretty typical of us. I like this picture because it's really sweet and natural. She's gorgeous, huh?
I climbed this route this summer, a thought which still makes me proud. I love climbing. I like the colors and the composition in this picture, and it reminds me of the awesome view from the top. (That's actually Tina climbing, but I climbed it too, and this picture is better.)
Tina is awesome. You can't see Ty because he's taking the picture. We had such a wonderful summer. One night we sat on my trampoline and talked and watched the stars for hours. We went climbing all the time. Tina was king of Scum for 15 consecutive rounds. One time we built a fire and roasted marshmallows in Tina's backyard. We all drove white cars until Tina bought a green one.
*Giggle*
I've posted this one before, but I still love it. It's probably my favorite picture of all time. I can't even remember what we're laughing at, but I love how this captures the moment of inside joke. I also love that we're on a backpacking trip. Morgan is so cool. He ditched a party to come visit me on Friday.

1 comment:

Lindy-Lou said...

Kate, you simply amaze me. This ranks right up there with my favorites of your posts. For lots of reasons. You bring joy because you feel joy. I want to be like you.