Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Bucket List Item

I heard this concerto featured on Performance Today this morning. Fred Child (who I want to be best friends with) interviewed the performer (whose name I can't remember. Gil Something.) and told the story behind the piece. (This video is a different performer. I liked the radio one better. This one is shallow in comparison.)The concerto was written in 1951 by two Chinese students. It is based on a folk tale very similar to Romeo and Juliet, except with a better ending. The lovers die, but they are incarnated as butterflies and fly away together. The story and the music completely captivated me. It is now added to my Bucket List. I want to play this and attend a live performance.

Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are some things you've done and what is still on it? When was the last time you added an item?

1 comment:

Lindy-Lou said...

Lovely. Thank you for that.