Sunday, August 14, 2011

5 Thoughts on Sunday Evening

  1. Top 10 Reasons Why Kate Has Done An Extensive Amount of Reading in the Past Three Weeks: No homework, part time job, one close friend within 20 miles, brother out of town, no TV, hate video games, institute classes out for summer, no student ward yet, pleasure, no boys. I like reading. Last summer, I did really well with running and getting in shape, but I didn't read or practice hardly at all. This summer has been the opposite. I haven't been running or working out, but I've been reading and practicing like crazy. So I guess I'm still doing something with my life. Maybe next summer I'll do both.
  2. When I practiced on Wednesday, I was having a killer time shifting from 2nd position to 4th position to hit a high E. I tried it about 15 times, flat every time, before I realized that if I stood up straighter and swung my elbow a hair I could get it. That was my triumph of the week. Solutions are usually more simple than I think. Speaking of practicing, I haven't yet today. Probably should.
  3. I learned a Johnny Cash song (I Walk The Line) on the ukulele at work this week. I would buy a uke, but it's about the same price as two weeks of groceries at college. I love working at a music store. My job is fun and my boss is a Ute fan. I love going to work and getting paychecks. It completes me.
  4. I may change my minor. I might do a minor in Public Relations, or a cluster in Human Resources and a cluster in Pre-Law. I was going to do a cluster in Philosophy and one in HR, but a friend told me about one in Pre-Law. It sounds really neat with some philosophy and a lot of options and diversity. So I need to look into that and re-do my grad plan and figure out what I'm going to take next semester. Decisions, decisions, decisions. It's still seems really bizarre that I'm about halfway through college. I don't feel nearly old enough.
  5. I still haven't gotten used to living at home again. I forget to tell my parents things. I worked 3 hours later one night this week. Didn't cross my mind to tell anyone. My mom had called me 9 times when I finally looked at my phone after work. Sorry Mom. Didn't mean to throw you into a panic. And I'm definitely not used to the extra 25 minutes it takes to get everyone out the door. But that's ok.
Don't forget to be awesome. Peace out.

No comments: