Saturday, August 27, 2011

50 Happy Thoughts

  1. I went to the temple with my two brothers and my momma this morning.
  2. My job.
  3. Donny Osmond in the bathroom.
  4. Morgan is so funny. He made me laugh 3 times today. Actually, probably more than that.
  5. David Oistrakh.
  6. I washed my car this week.
  7. Washing my car turned into a water fight with Seth.
  8. Then I sprayed Morgan with the hose.
  9. Tiny Tim, who did NOT die.
  10. I got letters from Jacob and Ty last week.
  11. Sebastian.
  12. Nigel Kennedy.
  13. Little Women.
  14. Toast with butter and jam.
  15. My old roommate gave me Neil Young's After The Goldrush vinyl record. I geeked out.
  16. I saw Cars 2 on Tuesday.
  17. Tulips.
  18. Diagramming sentences.
  19. Playing Beethoven's 5th.
  20. Vivaldi's Winter, largo.
  21. The Jello Song.
  22. Quoting movies with cousins.
  23. Sunrise on the Tetons.
  24. Driving with the windows down.
  25. The scene in Pride and Prejudice where Elizabeth visits Pemberly, and she and Mr. Darcy are terribly embarrassed, but he pulls himself together and makes us all fall in love with him. Well, he makes me fall in love with him. I don't know about you guys.
  26. Seth gave me a piece of gum.
  27. Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream has worked wonders on my hair.
  28. Joseph.
  29. Akira came to do my hair and makeup for my senior prom. She didn't get asked to hers, but she was so sweet and excited for mine.
  30. My Grandma's hugs and laugh. Also, her nose and eyes, which I have.
  31. Christopher's questions. He asked me if I'd seen any opposable thumbs today.
  32. Hannah cheerfully helped clean our room yesterday.
  33. Gary Schmidt novels. If you haven't noticed, I've read most of them this summer.
  34. Freshly mowed grass.
  35. The armchairs in the music building.
  36. Dictionaries.
  37. Paper airplanes.
  38. I get to go to a football game this week and spend time with my sister, grandma and cousins.
  39. Lead Kindly Light.
  40. Good friends, even if they are far away.
  41. The way people in my home ward are glad to see me when I move back.
  42. Notebooks.
  43. Billy Joel.
  44. Family parties.
  45. Summer evenings.
  46. The other scene from Pride and Prejudice where Colin Firth looks handsome and inscrutable. Wait, that's every scene.
  47. The way Wesley always has the perfect comeback. And the way he has unshaken optimism. And the way he believes so faithfully in True Love.
  48. The way Buttercup always has the perfect hair. Frankly, I think Buttercup is kind of a pansy, but I always envy her hair. And at least she believes in True Love.
  49. John Green's next book, The Fault in Our Stars, is coming out on January 10th. And my copy will be signed!! And I have a 5% chance of it having a Hanklerfish in it! I'm really not excited at all, if you couldn't tell from the fact that this is the only happy thought with exclamation points.
  50. Semicolons.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

#25? Yes. :) Have you seen North and South? If you like P&P, you'd like it too.

Kate said...

I've read the book. I loved it.

Jesse C said...

Great list, and Buttercup is with out doubt a pansy.