Monday, September 12, 2011

5 Thoughts While I Listen to the Radio

1. I love Performance Today on NPR. It makes doing the breakfast dishes fun. I love listening to great classical works and learning about their history and composers. I like hearing the current musical news about performers and symphonies around the world. And I want to be friends with Fred Child. He's like the John Green of radio for me.

2. Today is my mother's birthday!!! I'm going to make her Banana Cream Pie after I pick up Christopher from Kindergarten. When my date picked me up on Saturday, he totally thought she was my older sister. She's youthful and awesome and pretty like that.

3. I'm in a reading rut. Nothing excites me enough to hold my interest. I've started and stopped two books in the last week. Any suggestions?

4. Fall semester started today. I miss school. I think I'll beg my mom to let me do her homework with her.

5. I went to the state fair for the first time on Friday. We've lived here for 12 years. It was kind of a big deal.

6 comments:

tracy said...

I am reading Sophie's World...have you read it yet? It is a novelized history of philosophy. I think it is right up your alley! If you are looking for light reading, I have been enjoying novels by Charles Martin. I'm also reaading What The Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell, which I think you would like.

Keziah and Blythe both practiced for an hour this morning...yippee!

tracy said...

I have never been to the fair either!

Mindy said...

I'm sure these books are far beneath your intelligence level ;), but they're quick reads and I love them. The Diary of Mattie Spenser, The Persian Pickle Club, and Alice's Tulips by Sandra Dallas. Let me know what you think if you do read them, okay?

Your mom is youthful and awesome and pretty. :)

Kate said...

Thanks guys! I'll have to get them from the library. (Mindy, I did read The Persian Pickle Club years ago because you recommended it. I still remember that I liked it.)

Lindy-Lou said...

Thanks for being the great person you are, Kate.
I'm going to the UT ST Fair on Sat. to hear your uncle Dave wail on his guitar. Wanna come? :) I'm certain helping your beautiful mom with her homework is a more worthy cause. And cheaper.

Lindy-Lou said...

Not a book recommendation, but something I downloaded and read yesterday: a sermon by C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory, given at Oxford, June 8, 1942. I had heard the oft-used quote from the sermon, but it was worth reading the entire thing.