Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Silly Stuff I Wish I'd Learned Five Years Ago

  • It's an ATM, not an ATM machine. (Automated Teller Machine machine.)
  • How to use an ATM. Such a delightful time saver.
  • Parallel parking. Oh, wait. Just kidding. I still don't know how.
  • Practicing an hour a day will make me a better musician than sort of practicing when I feel like it.
  • Brown, not blue, eyeshadow is the way to go.
  • Buy nice jeans.
  • Practice scales for real. Like, everyday.
  • Throw stupid stuff away.
  • The art of flirtation
  • How to check the oil in the car
  • Conditioner is better than soap for shaving legs.
  • Floss. Oh, wait. Just kidding. I still don't do that.
  • If you don't love it, don't buy it.
  • How to spell "definitely"

2 comments:

Mindy said...

AHA!! I tell my students the practicing thing all the time, and will they ever believe me? Apparently not until they are on their own in college. ;)

I use conditioner for shaving all the time.

People spell definitely wrong all the time. I'm glad you learned it. That makes me happy. :)

Lindy-Lou said...

Something I read somewhere:
"If you really want to learn how to spell Connecticut, you will."
It applies to so many things, don't you think?