But really, the beginning of the semester is always simultaneously stressful and easy. It's mostly mini crises and syllabub and introductions. Yesterday is truly a blur. I was so excited for school that I woke up at 5:25 and couldn't go back to sleep. So then I got up and ran a mile. And then I went to my Accounting class, which will probably be awesome and will definitely be demanding. And then some parts of my life that were supposed to be figured out fell apart and I turned into a Giant Squid of Anger and called my mom and she helped me put my life back together and everything after that just kind of runs together. I blame it on waking up at 5:25. Don't be like me.
Today I went to more classes. I think this semester is going to be very rewarding. I'll have so much work, but all of my teachers are phenomenal and helpful and funny, and the material is interesting.
My roommates are all fun and nice. We have a Kate, Catherine, and Katie. And an Ashley and an Ash Lee. And Rachel. (Thank heavens for Rachel.) I haven't starved or frozen or become engaged, which are all comforting. I have two goals this semester. One, don't procrastinate at all. Do assignments ahead of time or immediately after class. Two, quit complaining about homework. I'm paying the school to hire teachers to make me smart by doing things. I asked for it. If I don't like homework, I shouldn't be here. But I am here, so I should shut my mouth and do it.
My New Year's Resolution is to shut up. I talk a lot. I have a lot of interests and things that I'm good at and I like to talk about them. But I need to just take it down a notch. This resolution is more about turning my interest to other people instead of myself. So I'm going to tell myself to shut up and listen.
Ok, that's all I have time for. I've got an hour until the English Academic Society meeting. And I've got homework to do, which I refuse to procrastinate. Peace out and DFTBA.
1 comment:
I swear, colleges do that on purpose, putting roommates together like that.
Post a Comment